Time Capsule is a revolutionary hard drive that works wirelessly with Mac OS X to back up everything on your Mac, and it’s a full-featured 802.11n Wi-Fi base station with dual-band support.
Time Capsule is a revolutionary backup appliance that can automatically back up everything on your Mac-wirelessly. So you're no longer faced with the nightmare of losing important files, music, photos, and other valuable content. Time Capsule works with Time Machine in Mac OS X Leopard to give you constant, behind-the-scenes protection. It's also a full-featured 802.11n Wi-Fi base station with simultaneous dual-band support,2 providing up to twice the coverage and five times the speed of 802.11g.3 That means every Wi-Fi device in your house can work over a wireless network at blazing speeds. You can even set up a separate Wi-Fi network for your guests. And more important, all your computers can back up wirelessly to the same Time Capsule.
Apple Time Capsule 2TB's features
• Automatic wireless backup. Perfect with Time Machine in Mac OS X Leopard or later. Set it, then forget it. All the computers on your network can back up to Time Capsule. And new technologies in Time Capsule and refinements to Time Machine make backing up using Snow Leopard up to 60 percent faster than before.1
• Massive storage space. Choose from 2TB and 3TB models.
• Full-featured Wi-Fi base station. Set up a high-speed 802.11n Wi-Fi network with simultaneous dual-band support that offers up to five times the speed and twice the range of 802.11g.2
• Guest networking. Create a separate Wi-Fi network for your guests so that you don’t have to give them the password to your primary Wi-Fi network.
• USB port for shared printing and additional storage. Connect a printer or an external hard drive.