Grace Design ALiX
Single-channel preamp, EQ, DI, and boost pedal designed to bring studio-quality sound to the stage for acoustic stringed instruments with pickups. Silver version.
From Banjo, bass to bouzouki, if it has strings and a pickup, ALiX will make its tone shine through.
Like its big brother FELiX, the ALiX you hold in your hand is designed to make you sound better, play better and have more fun in the process.
The ALiX is built into the same roadworthy floor unit chassis, portable enough to throw in your bag or strap to your pedalboard, but still deliver studio quality sound to the stage. With the same stunning audio performance and legendary reliability as our pro audio range, ALiX brings open, musical and nuanced sonic character to any performance situation.
The same powerful eq section as the FELiX allows simple and intuitive tone shaping. The high pass filter cuts 12dB per octave from 20Hz to 1kHz, and can also be set as a notch filter for chasing down problem feedback or rumble areas. Parametric midrange covers from 70Hz all the way to 8KHz, and fixed low and high controls are carefully voiced for musical shading of bass and treble.
Controls are dead simple and clearly marked on the panel, making them easy to read and tweak on a dark stage. Footswitches include a mute / tune switch for muting all outputs except the dedicated tuner out, and a boost switch which activates the 10dB variable boost circuit.
The instrument input has a 3 position impedance switch to ensure your pickup system sounds its very best. The isolated DI output with our custom wound transformer delivers stunning clarity and bass response with incredibly low noise. A dedicated, level controlled amplifier output can be used to drive a stage amp or personal monitor, and a dedicated tuner output stays active when all the other outputs are muted.
Power is supplied by a universal 100-240VAC input module. 12V phantom is available in the line input for electret / lavalier mics, and we've even included a 9VDC 500mA BOSS style pedal power output jack, so you can power your tuner and effects right from your ALiX. A TRS insert is included for adding effects.
Regardless of what you play - ALiX is designed to help you sound better, play better and deepen the bond between you and your instrument. Now available, please visit your favorite Grace Design dealer for purchasing information.
- Open, musical and detailed instrument preamplification for discerning artists and engineers like yourself
- Ultra precision 0.5% thin film resistors used in the signal path
- Careful power supply design and grounding for an ultra-quiet signal path and professional level headroom and line driving ability
- Fully ground isolated DI output with high quality, low distortion, fully shielded transformer
- Super rugged 1/4" connectors with heavy duty metal bushings
- Powerful, independent EQ - hi and low shelving and full
- Mid frequency control has two ranges 70-880Hz / 670 -
- 20Hz-1kHz sweepable HPF on both channels, can also be set as notch filter
- Mute/ tune footswitch mutes all outputs except dedicated
tuner out and headphone output
- 12V mic input power
- 9VDC @ 500mA (2.1mm BOSS standard center negative) power output for powering other pedals from the ALiX
- Boost footswitch for variable 10dB level boost
- Dedicated level controlled stage amp output
- Dedicated tuner out, remains active when unit is muted
- Side panel switches for mid Hz range select, HPF/notch select, 12V microphone power enable
- Phase reverse switch
- 3 input impedance settings - 330K, 1MEG, 10MEG accommodating a wide range of pickup types
- TRS effects insert jack
- Universal 100-240 AC power supply with standard IEC cable - no wall wart - take ALiX anywhere in the world!
View more products from Grace Design