Novation 61SL MK3
SL MkIII is far from your typical keyboard controller. It's an all-sequencing, all-dancing hub for all of your music making tools.
A centrepiece to connect, control and create with your entire setup. Computer or not.
Create quickly and easily with your hardware. Build your tracks in the eight-track polyphonic sequencer: everything in time; everything in key; every control at your fingertips.
Get to work with your favourite hardware with all the benefits of a DAW at your fingertips; no need to look at a computer screen. Pull your DAW out of the box and combine with your hardware synths - connecting everything through SL MkIII. Then easily control everything with highly customisable mappings for your hardware and software. Or create your own in the software editor. Find out how:
Internal eight-track pattern-based sequencer
Input notes step-by-step, or record as you go; you can play and edit your sequences directly from the keyboard. Then record parameter automation straight onto the sequencer, bringing your productions to life. You can choose an arp type, set a sync rate, tweak note and pattern lengths, and use the pads to design your rhythms in real time.
It's the feel
SL MkIII boasts our finest and most playable synth-style semi-weighted keybed, with a sprung action tuned to the needs of the experienced player. It's got aftertouch too, assignable to anything. Its exceptionally high scan rate of 10 kHz gives the keys a super dynamic feel for expressive performances. And you can see scales, modes and zones instantly with vibrant on-key RGB LED feedback.
SL MkIII's velocity-sensitive RGB pads have multiple functions too: they can be used for launching clips, as steps in the sequencer, for finger drumming, and have polyphonic aftertouch.
Keys for Live
We've worked with Ableton to create an unprecedented integration with Live. SL MkIII truly pulls your sessions out of the box. The full colour LCD screens give you full visibility of your parameters, while the pads, buttons, eight faders and eight knobs get you hands-on with your music - and in any major music software, using InControl.
Keys to the DAWs
Deep integrations with Logic and Reason - plus HUI compatibility with Cubase, Pro Tools®, Studio One and Reaper - mean SL MkIII can open up any DAW.
Internal eight-track pattern-based sequencer
- Use the sequencer to easily record notes as you pay them, or input step-by-step. Play and edit your sequences directly from the keyboard. Record your movements as automation into the sequencer, bringing life to your production.
- USB; MIDI In, Out, Out 2/Thru; sustain, expression and footswitch inputs; Analogue Clock Out; and two sets of CV Pitch, Gate, and Mod outputs can be used to route anything anywhere.
- Choose an arp type, set a sync rate, tweak the length, and then use the pads to design your rhythms in real time.
Scales, modes and zones
- Work with scales and keys and set up multiple zones and layers on the keyboard.
Keys for the player
- The SL MkIII boasts our finest, most playable and expressive synth-style semi-weighted keybed, with a sprung action and our highest scan rate, all tuned to the needs of the experienced player. It's got aftertouch too, assignable to anything.
- Highly customisable mappings for hardware and software easily control everything. Or create your own templates in the software editor, and save them to the keyboard.
The perfect controller for Live
- We worked with Ableton to create an absolutely stunning keyboard controller for their Live music-making software. The five colour LCD screens give you full parameter feedback, enabling you to see everything you are controlling.
Control all major music software
- Your choice of music software is crucial to your creativity. SL MkIII's pads, buttons, eight faders and eight knobs take control of all major music software using InControl or any HUI-compatible DAW.
- Components allows you to backup and restore your templates and sessions in the cloud, enabling access from anywhere in the world. All content can also be saved locally.
Backlit Pitch and Modulation wheels
- Pitch and Modulation wheels have RGB LEDs that change colour to show what track you're working on.
One routable clock for the whole system
- Whether you're in the box or outside the box, the MIDI and analogue clock and transport controls keep everything running in time.
Selectable Velocity Curves
- Choose from a comprehensive selection of Velocity Curves to suit your playing style.
61 note velocity sensitive, individually sprung, synth style, semi-weighted keyboard
16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
2 Page and 2 scene launch buttons
8 continuous rotary knobs
6 dedicated transport controls
RGB backlit pitch bend and modulation wheels
2 octave / transpose buttons
2 Track buttons
5x RGB TFT LCD screens
59 Backlit buttons with tact switches
49 or 61 keybed RGB LEDs
16 Assignable buttons x 2 pages (32 assignable buttons)
Assignable grid x 2 pages | (32 assignable pads)
Backlit RGB Mode switching buttons including InControl
Rear Panel & Connectors
DC power socket
MIDI IN, OUT, OUT2 / THRU - 3x 5-pin DIN sockets
Sustain and Expression pedal 1/4" TRS jack inputs
Footswitch pedal 1/4" TS jack input
CV, Gate, Modulation -1- on 3.5mm jack sockets
CV, Gate, Modulation -2- on 3.5mm jack sockets
Kensington security slot
8 Tracks per session
8 Patterns per track (16 steps per Pattern for a total of 128 steps per track)
Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
All assignable controls can be automated (8 maximum automation lanes)
Internal tempo range 40 - 240
Swing 20 - 80%
Real Time Performance:
16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
Split the keys into 8 playable zones
Pattern expand view - flip the grid
Pattern start and end, direction incl. random
Configurable pattern chain
Session instant switching and queued switch
Velocity and gate per step
Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
Automation edit per step
Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
Duplicate step, pattern
Ableton Live Lite included
4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
View more products from Novation